Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- One fillet of salmon, roughly 1.75lbs to 2lbs depending on appetite, from your local Fisherman’s Market
- ¼ cup tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (or ½ tsp ground ginger)
- 1 tsp diced garlic (or ½ tsp garlic powder)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the fillet on a parchment-lined baking tray with the skin side down.
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients and use a pastry brush to thoroughly coat the fillet. You don’t want too much excess on the pan as the brown sugar will burn.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then remove from oven. Turn on your broiler to 450.
- Once preheated, place salmon under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, watching carefully.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your choice of veggies or shred into some rice.
This recipe was created by Chef Jessi, Kelowna store manager, 2022.
Though she’s traded her chef knives for fillet knives, Chef Jessi is excited to continue sharing new ways of bringing restaurant-quality dishes to your home kitchen using ingredients from the Fisherman’s Market.