Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 20 min
- 3 pound Tanner Crab Legs from your local Fisherman’s Market
- 3 lemons divided use
- 1/2 cup Old Bay seasoning plus more for garnish – available at your local Fisherman’s Market
- 8 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 onion peeled and cut into 6 pieces
- 1 pound small Yukon gold potatoes halved
- 4 ears corn on the cob cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- 1 pound smoked sausage cut into 1 inch pieces, kielbasa or andouille are preferred
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
To turn this dinner into a seafood boil that feeds as many as 8-10 people just add the following seafood from your Fisherman’s Market and follow these cooking times.
- Lobster tail 4-6oz Each: 6 minutes
- Clams or mussels: 4 minutes
- Tanner crab legs: 6 minutes
- Tiger prawns peeled: 3 minutes
- Cut 2 of the lemons into quarters. Slice the remaining lemon into wedges and reserve the wedges for garnish.
- Fill a large pot with 14-16 cups of water. Place the 2 quartered lemons in the water along with the Old Bay seasoning, garlic and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes to the pot and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the lobster tails and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the clams, crab, and corn, and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the seafood mixture from the pot, reserving 1 cup of the broth.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl and whisk it into the reserved broth. Pour the broth over the seafood mixture.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Sprinkle with additional Old Bay seasoning to taste, then serve immediately.