Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 4 x 6oz sablefish portions from your local Fisherman’s Market
- 1/2 cup of sushi soya sauce
- 1/2 cup plum sake
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil, optional
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of ginger, minced
- Mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a boil and let simmer until reduced to half and thickened.
- Brush sauce mixture over the fish and broil for 3mins. Pull out the sablefish and repeat 3 times for a total cook time 9-12 minutes
- Top with finely chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
This recipe was created by Tyrone Gordon, Fisherman’s Market Burnaby store manager.