- Pat the ahi tuna steaks dry and then lightly season them with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Place the sesame seeds on a flat plate, take the ahi tuna steaks and coat all sides in the sesame seeds.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil on medium-high heat until the oil slightly smokes.
- Place coated ahi tuna steaks in a pan and let sear for 30 seconds (or until golden) on each side.
- Let sit for 2 minutes then slice thinly and serve.
This recipe was created by Tyrone Gordon, Fisherman’s Market Burnaby store manager.