Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds of high-quality large scallops from your local Fisherman’s Market
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, minced (or 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- If scallops are frozen, thaw in cold water. Remove the side muscle from the scallops if attached. Thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling. Add the scallops in a single layer without overcrowding the pan (work in batches if needed).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and fry for 2-3 minutes on one side (until a golden crust forms underneath), then flip and fry again for 2 minutes until crisp/lightly browned and cooked through (opaque). Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits leftover from the scallops. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute).
- Pour in wine (or broth) and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter and lemon juice.
- Remove pan (skillet) from the heat; add the scallops back into the pan to warm through slightly and garnish with parsley.
- Serve over rice, pasta, garlic bread or steamed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini noodles).
The scallops used in these packs are sustainably harvested from Japan. These scallops are removed from the shell and are 40/60 scallops per pound. The tiger prawns used in these packs are certified responsible aquaculture and ethically harvested in Viet Nam. Prawns are peeled, deveined, tail on and there are 41/50 prawns per pound.
These Crew Packs contain 2 x 1lb Prawns and 2 x 1lb Scallops.