Prep time: 5 min
Total time: 15 min
- 1lb halibut cheeks, rinsed and patted dry, from your local Fisherman’s Market
- 3c. leeks, sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt & pepper
- 4 slices of fresh tomato
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and saute the leeks in butter until they begin to soften, approximately 5 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid browning. Season with salt and pepper, then add the white wine and reduce to almost completely before adding the heavy cream.
- Simmer until the cream has thickened and reduced almost completely. Check the seasoning again, and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Add the lemon juice, stir until no ‘loose’ liquid remains, then remove from the heat.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Ensure the halibut cheeks are patted dry to remove excess moisture, then season with salt and pepper. Add 1-2 tsp of olive oil to the pan, then gently place the halibut cheeks down. Depending on the size of the cheeks, cook for 2-4 minutes per side.
- Place some of the creamed leeks on a plate to create a ‘bed’, then add a slice of fresh tomato and place the halibut cheeks on top.
The tiger prawns in this pack are Aquaculture Stewardship Council certified and harvested in Viet Nam. They are peeled and deveined, tail on, jumbo prawns 21/25 pcs per pound, and individually frozen.
Our prawns are individually frozen and come in 2-pound units for your convenience.