Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1lb small scallops and 1lb small prawns peeled and deveined, tail removed. We recommend our Fisherman’s Market Prawn & Scallop Crew Pack.
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1lb good quality pasta of your choice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 or 4 cloves minced garlic
- Chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ lemon zested
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- Cook the pasta by putting a large pot of well salted water on to boil. Once the pasta goes in, set a timer for 7 minutes before the pasta will be ready (according to package instructions.)
- Start the sauce – make sure the prawns and scallops are dry. If they are not, pat them dry with a paper towel. When the timer goes off, put a large cast iron pan on high heat and add the extra virgin olive oil.
- When the pan and oil are hot, add the prawns and scallops and sear them for about 1 1/2 minutes each side.
- Lower the heat a little and add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, add the wine and reduce by half then add butter, lemon zest and dill, turn heat to low.
- Drain the pasta, which should be ready, but reserve a cup or so of pasta water. You will only need this pasta water if you want to add some after mixing everything together. Add the pasta directly to the seafood sauce in the pan.
- Stir gently to incorporate all the ingredients together. Add some of the reserved pasta water, if desired, then top with a twist of lemon in the pan and garnish with the parsley.
This is a perfect dish to make using our Fisherman’s Market Prawn and Scallop Crew Pack. For pasta alternatives, try serving over zucchini noodles.