Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 10/20 or bigger Scallops from your local Fisherman’s Market (thawed)
- 4 strips thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Dash of worcestershire
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for searing
- Lemon pepper
- 1 cup fresh peas
- Dice bacon and cook in a nonstick pan until crispy. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Strain off bacon fat, reserving 1 tbsp and adding back to pan with the one tbsp of flour. Mix until a roux forms.
- Add milk to pan, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add dill, worcestershire, salt and pepper and pour into a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Get a clean, dry pan onto the heat at medium.
- Add scallops to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and seasoning.
- Once the pan is hot, add scallops to pan on flat side, and do not touch for 1.5 minutes. Flip scallops at 1.5 minutes and cook another 2 minutes before removing from pan. Add sauce back to pan and throw in peas until warmed.
- To plate, add cream sauce to deep plate or bowl, top with seared scallops. Optional: add a handful more of warmed fresh peas and dried dill.
Fisherman’s Market Tuna Pot Pies provide a simple, fast, and delicious dinner. Enjoy wild BC, Albacore Tuna in a flakey pie crust.
Individually sold, frozen and vacuum-sealed for your convenience.
Cook from thawed at 350ºF for 35 minutes.