Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2lbs 13/15 Jumbo Tiger Prawns (peeled (tails intact), deveined) from your local Fisherman’s Market
- 14 thin slices prosciutto, halved
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, flesh cubed and tossed with lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 40g unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 firmly packed cup (100g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
To skip the sauce, just grill the prawns wrapped in the prosciutto and use our Chipotle Aioli from Stonewall Kitchen, quick and easy.
- For the dipping sauce, melt butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until soft and translucent. Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, mustard powder, cayenne pepper and 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Simmer, stirring occasionally, over low heat for 10 minutes, then leave to cool. The sauce will keep for 2-3 days, covered, in the fridge.
- Pat prawns dry with paper towel. Wrap each prawn in a piece of prosciutto, brush with some of the sauce (reserving the rest for dipping) and place on a tray.
- Heat a lightly oiled barbecue plate on high heat. Cook prawns, turning, for 3-4 minutes until pancetta is crisp. Meanwhile, reheat remaining sauce over low heat, then transfer to a small bowl.
- Spread the avocado on a platter and top with prawns. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with dipping sauce.