Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 15 min
- 1lb of pickerel fillets, skinless, from your local Fisherman’s Market
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried dilweed)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Lemon mushroom sauce:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
Lemon mushroom sauce
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat; cook mushrooms and onion, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add garlic, cream, lemon juice and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the sauce reduces to half and thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Keep warm.
- In a shallow dish, mix together flour, dill, salt and pepper. Gently press the fillets into the flour mixture, turning to coat, and shaking off the excess.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; cook fillets for 2-3 minutes. Turn and sprinkle with lemon juice; cook for about 3 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with the lemon mushroom sauce.
Fisherman’s Market Pickerel is wild and sustainably caught in Manitoba Canada. Our portions are skin Off and done in 1lb vacuum-sealed packages. Pickerel is a mild, flaky white fish with a unique flavour profile specific to freshwater fish from the prairies.
Please note, finished Crew Pack weights can vary slightly which may result in a small difference in price.