Prep time: 10 min + 1hr to marinate
Cook time: 40 min
- 1lb of halibut cheeks from your local Fisherman’s Market, thawed
- 1 container of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can medium pitted black olives, drained
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- ½ cup tricolour quinoa, cooked
- 2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- Marinade: ¼ cup olive oil, 2tbsp fresh parsley, 1tsp minced garlic (or ½ tsp garlic powder), 2 tsp lemon pepper, salt to preference
- Quinoa dressing: 1tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp lemon pepper, 1 tbsp feta cheese
- Combine your marinade and coat halibut cheeks, saving some for your veggies, and let marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Toss tomatoes, olives and red onion in the rest of the marinade and roast in a 400°F oven for 30 minutes.
- While veggies are roasting, cook quinoa as per package instructions. Make up your dressing in a small bowl and add warmed quinoa once done.
- On the stove get a dry nonstick pan warmed to medium-high. Without crowding the pan, place your halibut cheeks into the pan and cook for 3 minutes, flip, cook for 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- To plate: Add quinoa and veggies to the center of the plate, and top with feta cheese. Top with your halibut cheeks, and then garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of parsley.
This recipe was created by Chef Jessi, Kelowna store manager, 2023.
Though she’s traded her chef knives for fillet knives, Chef Jessi is excited to continue sharing new ways of bringing restaurant-quality dishes to your home kitchen using ingredients from the Fisherman’s Market.