Prep time: 10 min
Marinade time: 1 hour
Cook time: 15 min
- 4x 4-5ounce portions of Sablefish from your local Fisherman’s Market
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- ½ tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp grated ginger root
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Whisk together garlic, lime zest, lime juice, agave syrup, olive oil, ginger and salt in a small bowl.
- Place sablefish in a large re-sealable plastic bag and pour the lime mixture over the fish, press the air out of the bag and seal. Agitate bag to coat the fish in the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove fish from the marinade and place skin side down on the lined baking sheet, discarding any remaining marinade. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven. and discard the marinade. Place fish, skin side down on the parchment and transfer the baking sheet to the oven. Bake until the fish is cooked through and just flakes apart when pierced with the tip of a knife, 15-18 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
Fisherman’s Market sablefish is wild and sustainably caught in British Columbia. Our portions are skin on and can contain pin bones. Sablefish is an excellent source of Omega 3’s and an assortment of other vitamins and minerals. Sablefish has a smooth velvety texture with large delicate flakes, it is rich and buttery with a mild finish.
Our Crew Packs are individually portioned, vacuum sealed, and blast frozen for your convenience.