Total time: 15 min
- 2lbs of pickerel cheeks, rinsed and lightly sprinkled with sale, from your local Fisherman’s Market
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1-2 eggs
- Sat to season the meat
- Place the flour, breadcrumbs and eggs each in a separate bowl. Lightly whisk the eggs and then coat the fish first in the flour, then eggs and lastly the breadcrubs.
- Bring a pan of about 1/2 inch of oil to medium heat and in batches fry the coasted fish pieces until golden brown, turning over midway.
- Take the fish out of the pan and place on some paper towel to absorb the extra grease.
- Serve while hot with lemon or your favourite tartar sauce.
Our Hokkaido Scallops are sustainably harvested from the Sea of Okhotsk off the coast of Hokkaido. These scallops are removed from the shell, individually frozen, and have 10/20 pcs per pound making them a medium-sized scallop.
Hokkaido scallops have a firm grain like that of a weathervane scallop. They sear to perfection and are a great alternative to Digby Scallops
Individually frozen and sold in 1lb units.