Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1.5 cups frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 1/2 white onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp flour
- Oil for the pan
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Char lox from your local Fishermans Market
- Poached egg, cooked to desired temperature
To prepare latkes:
- Grate onions and add to a large bowl with the potatoes, egg and flour, mix.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium and add a small amount of oil.
- Drop mixture in two portions into the pan and cook each side for about 6-7 minutes.
- Once done, set in a warm oven (180F) to stay warm.
To prepare hollandaise:
- Set a glass or metal bowl over a small pot with an inch of simmering water.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a heat-safe container.
- Add egg yolks and lemon juice to the bowl on top of the water and whisk continuously until thick, pale and voluminous. Make sure not to overheat mixture and that the water in the pot below is not at a rolling boil.
- Slowly stream the melted butter in, whisking at the same time, until fully incorporated and then remove from heat.
- Mix in salt and pepper. Optional: add a few dashes of your favourite hot sauce.
To assemble, top the latke on your plate with the fresh spinach, char lox, a poached egg and then spoon as much hollandaise sauce as you would like. Top it off with a sprinkle of seasoning salt or sliced chives.
Fisherman’s Market Tuna Pot Pies provide a simple, fast, and delicious dinner. Enjoy wild BC, Albacore Tuna in a flakey pie crust.
Individually sold, frozen and vacuum-sealed for your convenience.
Cook from thawed at 350ºF for 35 minutes.