Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 1 pound small or medium prawns from your local Fisherman’s Market
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli garlic sauce, you can find this in the ethnic food aisle at your grocery store
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Heat canola oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly toss the shrimp in the cornstarch until coated. Dip them individually into the beaten eggs right before frying.
- Add shrimp about 4-6 at a time depending on your saucepan and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat the process with the remaining shrimp, discarding any excess oil.
- Wipe out the pan you just used to cook the shrimp. Combine the sweet chilli garlic sauce, lemon juice, and zest, honey, garlic salt ginger and Sriracha and bring to boil over medium-high heat, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp back in – into pan and toss to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately.
This is a classic staple to serve as an appetizer at any gathering or to serve as a meal with lettuce wraps!
The tiger prawns in this pack are Aquaculture Stewardship Council certified and harvested in Viet Nam. They are peeled and deveined, tail on, jumbo prawns 21/25 pcs per pound, and individually frozen.
Our prawns are individually frozen and come in 2-pound units for your convenience.
These prawns are wild-caught in Argentina. They are peeled and deveined, tail on, 16/20 pieces per pound.
Our prawns are individually frozen in 1 pound units for your convenience.
The scallops used in these packs are sustainably harvested from Japan. These scallops are removed from the shell and are 40/60 scallops per pound. The tiger prawns used in these packs are certified responsible aquaculture and ethically harvested in Viet Nam. Prawns are peeled, deveined, tail on and there are 41/50 prawns per pound.
These Crew Packs contain 2 x 1lb Prawns and 2 x 1lb Scallops.