Cook time: 30 min
- 2 cedar grilling planks
- 8 halibut cheeks
- 2 tbsp tarragon leaves
- 2 leeks, white parts only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill or oven to 425°F and soak the grilling planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the halibut, thinly sliced leeks, lemon slices, tarragon and oil in a mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Set the halibut on the planks and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the planks on the grill or oven and close the lid or door.
- Cook for 12 – 15 minutes* or until you reach an internal temp of 125°F, remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.
*Halibut cheeks can be very different sizes so cooking times may vary.
If you don’t have any cedar planks, don’t fret, you can pick them up in one of our stores.