- Season pickerel with salt and pepper to taste
- Start saucepan with 3 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp butter
- Bring to medium/high heat
- Add pickerel once the butter starts to bubble
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip
- Add 4tbs butter
- Continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes while basting or spooning the butter over the pickerel (as it cooks, the butter will turn brown in colour due to the solids cooking and darkening, which will leave you with a wonderful nutty aroma)
- Add this to any pasta or salad!
This recipe was created by Chef Ty Gordon, Fisherman’s Market Burnaby store manager, 2023.
Chef Mike Sonier spent his career as a restauranteur creating community-focused spaces highlighting local ingredients in both Eastern and Western Canada. He’s now the founder of Ethical Table Food Co.