Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 30 min
- 3 pounds tanner crab legs (frozen) from your local Fisherman’s Market
- 12 ounces good-quality salted butter (or 3 sticks)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning (sold at Fisherman’s market)
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 heaping tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 ears fresh corn, shucked and chopped into 2-inch chunks
- 12 ounces beer
- 6 lemon wedges
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Add the butter, olive oil, garlic, fresh parsley, Old Bay, granulated garlic, granulated onion, dried parsley, dried dill, and crushed red pepper flakes to a large skillet or pot over medium heat (large enough to fit your crab in). As the butter melts, stir everything around. Give it a taste, and add sea salt and black pepper as needed. Cook for about 2 minutes, then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the crab legs, a few at a time, and with a large spoon baste the crabs with the butter mixture thoroughly (you may need to cut your crab legs in half to fit). Get every nook and cranny. Continue until all of the crabs are in the pan. Nestle the chunks of corn in, and baste those with the butter mixture too. You may have to tilt the pan towards you to make this easier.
- Pour in the beer, and bring the heat back up to medium/high. Once the beer starts to boil, nestle in the lemon wedges. Cover the pan with a domed lid or use heavy-duty foil. Cook 8-10 minutes.
- When they’re ready, finish with another hit of fresh parsley and serve. Be sure to squeeze the cooked down lemons over the actual crab meat as you eat!
Fisherman’s Market tanner crab legs are hands down the best quality crab available to us in the marketplace today. It is sustainably caught in Juneau Alaska, non-brine frozen, and each individual leg and claw is full to the shell with a sweet, succulent chunk of meat.
Our recommended cooking method is to boil them for 5 minutes from frozen, perfect every time!
Want to find out more about our tanner crab? Check out our Fish Feature!