Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 1/2lb pounds of snapper from your local Fisherman’s Market, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups very thinly shredded cabbage
- 1 red onion halved and very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tbsp cider or rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp vegetable or canola oil divided
- 12 x 6 inch corn tortillas
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
To serve (pick and choose):
- Diced avocado
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Stonewall Kitchen black bean salsa from your local Fisherman’s Market
- Sour cream
- Toss the cabbage, onion and jalapeno with the vinegar and 2 teaspoons of the oil, and season generously with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet 6 at a time and bake at 400 degrees until starting to slightly brown and or bubble, about 6 minutes, turning half way through. Stack the tortillas on a plate as they are cooked and cover with a dry towel. Set aside
- Sprinkle the pieces of fish all over with the cumin, chilli powder, and salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in the large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté until almost cooked through, about 5 minutes, turning as needed. The pieces may fall apart a little as you cook them; that’s perfectly fine. Place the fish on a serving plate as it is cooked and squeeze on a bit of fresh lime.
- Serve the fish with the toasted tortillas, cabbage slaw, and the toppings you like. Let everyone assemble their own tacos.
Fisherman’s Market Pacific rockfish are wild-caught off the coast of British Columbia. Our portions are boneless and skinless. Pacific rockfish is an excellent source of heart-healthy Omega 3’s and has a dense, oily, flake that is rich with fish flavour.
Our Crew Packs are individually portioned, vacuum-sealed, and blast frozen for your convenience.
Please note, finished Crew Pack weights can vary slightly which may result in a small difference in price.