Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min (for the rice)
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey (can substitute sugar or agave)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion ginger
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
For the bowl:
- 12oz of ahi tuna, diced into large cubes
- ½ cup basmati, jasmine rice or rice noodles
- Sheets of nori, sliced into squares or strips
For the toppings, there are many options depending on your taste buds. Here are a couple of combinations I would suggest:
- Diced cucumber, avocado, mango, green onion
- Shredded carrots, sliced radish, diced avocado, pickled red onions
- Cook the rice according to the machine’s instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, mix all sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Dice up the tuna and add it to a larger bowl, then add sauce to marinate the tuna.
- Prepare veggies of choice into similar-sized pieces to the size of the diced tuna.
- To plate: Add rice and tuna and then garnish with your veggies of choice.
This recipe was created by Jessi Wall, Fisherman’s Market Kelowna store manager.